The best time to visit Italy is during the quieter part of the season, from April to June and from September to October when the weather is mild, prices are a bit lower (often called the midseason) and there are “fewer” tourists to crowd the main sights.
July and August are the hottest months when temperatures hit the high 80s and into the 90s over the last few years. They are perfect to visit the coastal area or relax at your country estate by the pool.
There are many events all year round throughout Tuscany and Italy. Annual festivals and cultural events providing a range of experiences for every visitor. Many ”sagre”, or festivals dedicated around a particular local product, start in early summer and continue on through the fall as local specialties (truffles, wine, olive oil, marroni chestnuts) come into season.
In April and October, you’ll generally need a sweater or light jacket in the evening. In winter the temperatures can drop to the 30s or 40s.
• The “PARTY LEADER” is the person in whose name the booking is made and to whom all correspondence and invoices are addressed and as such is responsible for the rental.
• Once you have selected your VILLA accommodation if the property requested is available the Agency can place a provisional booking for you and send to you the booking form.
• After receiving the booking form completed and signed, together with a copy of your passport, the Agency will send to you the pre-confirmation booking including the payment details and the bank details.
• DEPOSIT and BALANCE
For bookings made more than 9 weeks prior to the rental date, normally 30% Deposit is required. For bookings made nine or less than 9 weeks prior to the rental date, the full amount is due. No contract will exist until the Agency received the required deposits and the confirmation invoice is issued The balance of the rental charge is due 9 weeks before the arrival date
• BOOKING CONFIRMED
Once the rental charge is fully settled and the booking form fully completed, you will receive a confirmation invoice by email, along with detailed directions on how to reach the property and the name and contact numbers of the property owner or caretaker who will be meeting you upon arrival.
• TRAVEL INSURANCE
We highly recommend travel insurance in order to cover you and your party against the cost of cancellation by you as well as to assist in the event of a medical emergency, lost baggage, or any other trip-related issue. Our partners Insurance Company: Travel Guard and Europe Assistance
• SECURITY DEPOSIT
The security deposit is normally in cash or held on the credit card following a pre-authorization procedure in order to cover possible damages or loss at the property and any other extra services payable locally. The amount varies for each villa. The same amount will be released after the departure in case no damages occur during the stay.
• Exclusive use of the Villa
• Maid service (upon availability)
• Wi-Fi internet connection
• Cooking Utensils and Tableware
• Bed linen, Bath towels and Beach towels
• Hot/Cold Water
• Weekly change of linens and towels
• Pool and Garden maintenance
• Extra maid service
• Cooking service
• Shopping service
• Laundry and Ironing Service
• Private transfers & excursions
• Wine tours
• Gourmet tours
• Museums and Art Gallery Reservation